Re: "Notes" column in the manual?!?

Subject: Re: "Notes" column in the manual?!?
From: Valerie Archambeau <varchamb -at- MIDWAY -dot- UCHICAGO -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 10:12:08 -0600

Jim--

The University of Chicago puts out an annual Resource Guide to Computing
services. In this book we include information on services offered as well
as preliminary instruction for the use of various network clients.

Yes, we include a column for our users to mark down short-cuts, phone
numbers, issues they wish to stress, etc. The information often exists in
the body text, yes, but as many users see the guide as a reference work,
handwritten notes in the margin can be a great tool for quickly finding the
information they consider important.

The column is holds our pull quotes for scanning the section headings.

| |
| AIT Resource Guide |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| Introduction to Electronic Mail |
| |
| E-Mail at Electonic mail blah blah blah |
| U of C blah blah blah. Blah blah blah |
| You can do all sorts of stuff |

Many of our users have thanked us for providing this space.

I hope this helps.

--Valerie
varchamb -at- midway -dot- uchicago -dot- edu