Re: "Notes" column in the manual?!?

Subject: Re: "Notes" column in the manual?!?
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 13:22:08 CDT

> My company's training department wants our manuals to include a column
> on every page for notes. They claim that our customers have regularly
> asked for this, so they can write notes during class.

I once had similar requests. I solved them by printing the same manuals
on bigger paper, which pretty much made everyone shut up. I personally
don't write in manuals (unless I'm correcting them), and favored a truly
inspired solution: a tablet for notes. We actually had nice tablets
with our company logo on them and could have supplied them, but training
people wanted space on the page. Go figure.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?