Re: Caution, warning, and danger

Subject: Re: Caution, warning, and danger
From: Jerry Blackerby <exujbl -at- EXU -dot- ERICSSON -dot- SE>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 11:04:20 -0500

It has been interesting to read the comments about
cautions, warnings, and danger. I had to learn to think
a little different about cautions, warnings, and dangers
when I started writing documentation in the telephony
industry.

According to Bellcore standards, admonishments and their
order of priority are as follows:

DANGER - possibility of personal injury
CAUTION - possibility of service interruption
WARNING - possibility of equipment damage

Apparently, the telephone industry considers a service
interruption more critical than equipment damage.

Jerry
,___
__{_-.x.-_}__ Jerry Blackerby _| ~~. Practice random kindness
(_____________) 214-907-7810 (w) \, _} and senseless acts of
[_______]