Alternative way to do paper manuals.

Subject: Alternative way to do paper manuals.
From: James Brandal <jb -at- VINGMED -dot- NO>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 21:42:46 +0200

Traditionally, manuals had text only. Even today, some still have this.

Reading this mailing list tells me that many of you have changed this
slightly. You have text and graphic inserts I assume.

We document ultrasound scanner systems and in our company we have five
years experience with another method. Our manuals are loaded with pictures,
screen captures and drawings with short instructive text inserts that
portray the exact way to use our systems.

If anyone would like to know more about how we do this, and what our
experiences are, please feel free to reply and I will do my best to answer
you.