Re: Employment War S...

Subject: Re: Employment War S...
From: BurkBrick -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 10:44:59 EDT

>I was stunned at the number of ugly, badly written resumes and cover
>letters I received for this job. Some were in Courier (which I used as a

I wonder what background these people had. I'm also in a writing conference,
and one of the rules for query letters and submissions is that it should be
in a monospaced font, preferably one that looks like Courier! They claim that
editors are used to working with monospaced fonts, and you're more likely to
get accepted if you use Courier. It's possible some of these Courier folks
are taking advice from a different field and trying to apply it to technical
writers.

Barb