Re[3]: Sidenote to "don't S...

Subject: Re[3]: Sidenote to "don't S...
From: Jane Torpie <JTorpie -at- III-DEVL -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 15:26:34 EDT

Text item: Text_1

Barb -

I worked at Raytheon for two years (about 7 years ago). My memory's a bit
fuzzy, but I think that according to Mil. Spec. 2167, there must be one
document that defines what the product "shall" do (requirements) and a
corresponding document that explains what the product "will" do (behavior
implemented).

Rayfolks use to make lists of the "shalls" when designing the product.
When I was writing the "Detailed Design Document" (or something like that),
the words shall and will were not interchangeable.

Hope this helps. And if anyone out there can add to or correct what I've
said, please do!

Jane Torpie
Member of Technical Staff - Principal Technical Writer
Easel Corporation
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
617-221-2100
JTorpie -at- EaselCor -dot- mhs -dot- compuserve -dot- com <-------- new address!