Ain't: The right time and the right place.

Subject: Ain't: The right time and the right place.
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 1994 10:20:41 -0700

Some people here have insisted that "ain't" is never correct. This ties
in with the general discussion of correct/incorrect grammar, etc.

"Ain't" is incorrect if you are writing a technical manual. The language
should be in standard, written, American English.

If you're down South, however, it is completely proper to use "ain't" in
casual conversation; in fact, to use "isn't" is incorrect. That'll mark
you as an outsider.

Any word is proper in the right context. And improper in the wrong context.

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos, M.A. Heidelberg Sacramento, California