Re: "they" and a bit of hyp

Subject: Re: "they" and a bit of hyp
From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 09:56:43 EDT

Dear folks who are responding to my explanation of the "poll:"

PLEASE GO BACK AND READ MY MESSAGE. (yes, I'm shouting.)

I *told* you this was not an ideal example, nor the one I used in the "poll".
It was merely a facsimile, created for illustration purposes. Let's not
waste bandwidth parsing it to death.

There are at least FOUR ways to recast this particular sentence. THAT'S NOT
THE POINT. It was a sentence designed to determine which form of
third-person plural users would prefer to read, *assuming third-person plural
was required.* NO OTHER PARSING WAS APPROPRIATE TO THE QUESTION.

Please, no more. I'd smile, but I don't think I can. suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com