tech whirling

Subject: tech whirling
From: Jim Grey <jwg -at- ACD4 -dot- ACD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 08:29:20 -0500

Per LaVonna:
>I did run at least one list member who says "tech W-R-L."

Ah, the letter W. I tried saying tech W-R-L for a while. But I've been
doing radio part-time for about a decade. I just HAVE to say "double-you".
It's very cumbersome. Tech-double-you-arr-ell. So, outside the radio
context, I avoid saying double-you whenever I can. I just *can't* bring
myself to say dubbya.

"107-5 dubbya-ZZQ" ...gawd, it'd make me sound like a hick! Hm, you know,
it might make me fit in better here in Nowhere Land. Hm, my last station
had TWO dubbyas in it. "1230 dubbya-bee-oh-dubbya"

West of the Mississippi, y'all have K-stations, save WBAP in Dallas. So
you don't have to deal with this.

A cultural side trip from
--
jim grey |"Ain't nothin' better in the world, you know
jwg -at- acd4 -dot- acd -dot- com |Than lyin' in the sun, listenin' to the radio" - D. Boone