citation format

Subject: citation format
From: David Oberstadt <daveo -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 12:14:34 PDT

By far the most popular is the APA style (American Psychological
Association) in academic and scientific institutions. Some others
prefer the GPO style (Government Printing Office--U.S.).

I don't know about international practice, but I don't think you
would face much scorn with the APA style. I don't like it much
myself, but it's widely recognized.

David Oberstadt Santa Teresa Lab
daveo -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com San Jose, California

From: a_harman -at- FRE -dot- FSU -dot- UMD -dot- EDU

Interested in finding most commonly used literature citation
format for thesis manuscripts in biological sciences. What
format is used by most universities in the U. S.?