LOOKING FOR WRITING TIPS

Subject: LOOKING FOR WRITING TIPS
From: Janet L Novack <jnovack -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 19:28:10 GMT

Hi,

I'm compiling a list of technical writing tips and techniques to aid the
shop floor worker in writing procedures. These include assembly
procedures, inspection and test procedures, and data entry procedures.
This is to support the documentation requirement for the ISO 9000
quality standard. ISO 9000 requires that processes be documented.

My first book "The ISO 9000 Documentation Toolkit" (Prentice Hall, 1994)
provides worksheets and software templates to help in documenting the of
the quality system. The audience is the management. I've been asked to
write a similar help for shop floor workers to document their work
instructions, obviously a different audience.

If you have any tips and I use them, if you'd like I will give you credit
in the next book (if it get published).

You can email your tips to: jnovack -at- world -dot- std -dot- com
or post them to this group.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Janet Novack
jnovack -at- world -dot- std -dot- com

for ISO 9000 documentation and consulting:
Quality Rite
38 Hamlet St.
Newton, MA 02159
617-965-5115