Re: Use of a slash (/)

Subject: Re: Use of a slash (/)
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 10:33:57 -0700

You wrote:
>Because the slash is not a
>word, it's disruptive to the reading process and slows people down.

This doesn't make sense to me. (That symbols would be read differently
from text.) I guess I'm generalizing from my experiences of reading
Japanese and Chinese. You read the meaning of the item from the shape.

I mean, you've just provided a reason for not including any graphics in
a document, which I don't think anyone would advocate!

--
Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com