citation

Subject: citation
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 11:04:58 EDT

I know the discussion has died down (and this is probably for
the best), but here's the citation a couple of people wanted.
The article about pronouns, etc., that uses race as a jumping-off
point is "A Person Paper on Purity in Language," by Douglas
Hofstadter (using the nom de plume "William Satire"), and I
believe it's in the collection _The Mind's Eye_, by Hofstadter
and a co-editor (possibly Dennett, but I'm working from memory
here). I'm sorry about the late answer, but I was on vacation
when all this came up.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
New York, NY