Table heading alignment

Subject: Table heading alignment
From: Sean O'Donnell-Brown <s-odonnell-brown -at- BGU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 16:27:02 -0600

Any opinions or documentable guidelines about the alignment of the headings
of table columns? I remember once hearing that if the data/entries in the
column of a table were aligned a given way (left, right, center, etc.), the
headings should be aligned likewise.

Thank you in advance for your insightful responses,

Sean (O'Donnell-Brown)
Writer and Editorial Assistant
Curriculum Publications Clearinghouse/NCRVE-MDS
Macomb, Illinois U.S.A.
s-odonnell-brown -at- bgu -dot- edu

Disclaimer: I presume to speak for no one--not even what I might at this
moment define as my "self."

* Like the framers of the Constitution, *
* I support the right of every American citizen *
* to bear muskets--the framers' "arms." *
* *
* Unlike the framers of the Constitution, *
* I believe that women and other minorities *
* and those who own no land *
* have the right to bear muskets, too. *