Napping

Subject: Napping
From: CHUCK PETCH <PETCH -at- GVG47 -dot- GVG -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 08:45:34 -0700

Patrick, to be blunt, your manager sounds like a real jerk. But even if he/she
doesn't approve of naps, you can still have it your own way if you do it on
your own time (which is as it should be). Occasionally, when I'm unusually
drowsy, I grab a quick lunch and then go out to my car, recline the seat and
take a 20 to 30 minute nap. I invariably arrive back at work refreshed and
energetic after a noontime nap, and since my lunch hour is my own, who cares
about the boss's opinion.

If you commute by mass transit, you may have a tougher time finding a suitable
place. Another place where you can catch a few winks is company meeting rooms.
They are seldom in use during the noon hour, so you can slip in, close the
door, lay your head on the table, and grab a few Zs. It's not very comfortable,
but it's ok for a 20 minute nap. No worse than when you were in the first grade
and the teacher would have everyone lay their heads on their desks for a rest
period.

Good luck!

Chuck Petch
petch -at- gvg47 -dot- gvg -dot- tek -dot- com