Universal Help

Subject: Universal Help
From: Jane Torpie <JTorpie -at- III-DEVL -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 16:45:39 EDT

Text item: Text_1

Have any of you used Universal Help? I need some more information from
experienced users.

I'm considering using it for an online doc. project and deploying the help
systems under Windows and OS/2.

UnivHelp costs about $650. The vendor, Softronics, does not ship
evaluation copies, doesn't maintain a list of reference accounts, and won't
let me return the product if it's not appropriate for my needs. (They're
free to run their business as they choose, and I can even see why they'd
make some of these choices.) But my VP isn't going to approve the
expenditure based on Softronics' say-so about their product.

Would you take a few minutes to let me know how well UnivHelp worked for
you? Please respond directly to me; I'll gather the replies and post them
all together to cut down on message traffic.

Thanks very much.

Jane Torpie
Principal Technical Writer
Easel Corporation