Re: napping

Subject: Re: napping
From: "Tom Bayston Jr." <ind00007 -at- PEGASUS -dot- CC -dot- UCF -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 13:37:07 -0400

I only have my personal testimony that a twenty or thirty minute rest
restores lost energy, revitalizes mental processes -- after lunch is the
traditional (and naturally so) siesta period. I learned it by observing
animals in nature, by the way.

I have been trying to encourage the same idea of providing even the space
and accommadations for reclined rest at the university campus, and the
office where I used to work; they didn't listen to me either.

American culture has a strong prejudice against anything except a breakneck
pace of productivity until the whistle blows. Of course, many of the CEO's
are having drinks by 3 p.m. In sales, even earlier - <g>.

I guess they all know better than Microsoft how to maximize employee
efficiency.... yeah, right.

Any ammunition you collect to carry on this crusade, please be kind
enough to forward to me, or at least post to the list if others are
interested.

*%*%*%*%*

Tom Bayston Jr.
University of Central Florida
bayston -at- pegasus -dot- cc -dot- ucf -dot- edu

*%*%*%*%*