NO SUBJECT

Subject: NO SUBJECT
From: Pamela North <PNORTH -dot- DPSNET%SISNET -at- SISNET -dot- CLACKESD -dot- K12 -dot- OR -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 10:29:57 .

Thank you, thank you!

The responses came POURING in and I believe we have a definitive answer.
From this day forth, WE will use the serial comma.

Technical writers and copyeditors from Canada to New Mexico and Oregon to
New York agree that for clarity and consistency the serial comma MUST be
used!

I have alerted my office-mates to this new guideline and all is well (so
far). It will be difficult for ME to get used to the "extra" comma with
my journalism background, but I'll do anything to avoid ambiguity!

Thanks again, Pam
(Who now believes the term "technical journalism" is a REAL oxymoron)