Comparing versions

Subject: Comparing versions
From: Margaret Redding <ab555 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 01:34:03 GMT

I tried the compare documents (revisions) in MSWord, and I found it does
indeed show the changes, but if you have made a lot of changes in one
paragraph it strikes out the whole paragraph, instead of just the words you
have changed.

I am searching for a way that shows clearly the changes that have been
made, but also allows the reader to read the original version. I want it
so that the reader can read a sentence two ways, first the old sentence,
and then the new. One way is to type the new sentence directly after the
old one, but if just one or two words have been inserted or deleted i
don't want to re-type the whole sentence.

I find that engineers are very fond of writing long clusters of nouns.
What do you generally do with them?

MR
--
Margaret Redding ab555 -at- freenet -dot- carleton -dot- ca
Ottawa, Ontario