hardware etc

Subject: hardware etc
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 14:19:02 PDT

Hello again!

Thanks for all the responses thus far on buying hardware. I
am going to be going through them and compiling them into
a summary of what everyone said.

But first, I have some more questions. I spent last weekend
getting more educated and frustrated on all the systems
available. The more I read, the more frustrating it is!

Here are my questions:

What is flash BIOS?
EISA vs ISA vs VESA?
Video accelerators? Do we need them?
RAM vs VRAM
CDROM--double spin vs triple spin (Does anyone use software on CD?)
internal vs external fax/modem

If someone could just direct me to a source that summarizes
all these terms or wants to tell me via this list, (or mail me
directly) I would certainly appreciate it.

Does anyone else feel that buying a computer has become
too complicated? I just want to know it works, plug it in and
do my work! It's hard enough keeping up on all the latest
dtp and graphics software.

Thanks

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com