more on FrameMaker

Subject: more on FrameMaker
From: Ruth-Ellen Flanagan <flanagan -at- TVDRS -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 10:14:19 EDT

Subject: Re: response to FrameMaker comments

BP>This is a good idea (and something I should and will start doing).
BP>It's still a pain (especially on a ten chapter document) to have to
import the change to every chapter.

RF> You can use Import > Formats on a Master Document. It lets you
exclude files you don't want to change.

I am just learning how to use the Reference Pages for TOC and Index.
It isn't very well documented. I haven't figured out yet how to use it
to generate lists of Tables, Figures, etc. There must be a way to do.
If I figure it out, I will let you know. If anyone out there has done
this, let us know.

But if you want to make changes to the way the TOC and Index look, you
make the changes on the Reference Page (like to make the index numbers
chapter oriented or to add leader dots).

Subject: space space

I'm not sure why but I guess I wouldn't ever go back to two spaces? Think of
all the pages you save ;-)

FrameMaker's smart space option is great! No more searching for all of
those extra spaces. Someone mentioned that some are not putting a
space after a period at all... haven't seen much of that.

Ruth-Ellen Flanagan