space space

Subject: space space
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 May 1994 14:00:10 -0500

My editor yesterday told me to globally change my 2 spaces
after each sentence to 1 space after each sentence. The
two-space habit is so engrained that I don't know if I
can switch. I also think this is a bit of personal preference.

What do you think? In the age of desktop publishing, have you
switched to the single space? (I have heard a dtp guru list
the single space as a "rule," but I still choose to space-space.)

If it makes a difference, I was using 11-pt Palatino.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com