Mac Advice Needed

Subject: Mac Advice Needed
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 May 1994 07:36:19 EDT

Re: response from Arlen P. Walker on a different thread (hardware
needed for contractors)

Arlen -- I hadn't been reading this thread, but I'm glad I read your post!

After using IBM computers for the past 12 years or so, I bought a Mac
Quadra 610 a few weeks ago, knowing that it would be upgradable to the
PowerPC if and when I'm ever ready to do that. And I got a Personal
LaserWriter 320.

What software do you find most useful on the Mac? So far, I have
Microsoft Word, Claris Works, and Master Juggler (a font program). And
I'll be getting FrameMaker very soon. What else would you recommend?
Also, can you tell me how to convert PC files? ... I'd like to use
Microsoft Word on the Mac to update some old WP 5.1 files on my PS/2.

Thanks for letting me pick your brain! I'll appreciate any info you can
provide. And ... if you ever need any advice on indexing, just let me
know!

Lori Lathrop
Lathrop Media Services
P.O. Box 808