Have you seen this printer?

Subject: Have you seen this printer?
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 May 1994 10:51:14 PDT

We will be buying a HP LaserJet 4MP printer that purports to print at
600 dpi. At a blazing 4 ppm to boot! It supports a LocalTalk network
and is "plug and play" for Macs.

With some additional hardware purchases, this printer can apparently be
made to work with our SPARCstations. Once it does, the idea is that
hopefully it can be used to print FrameMaker (Unix) files that contain
fine (.15 pt) lines that Frame 3 would print but Frame 4 won't.

This is a problem that Framers have probably heard enough about
already, but I'm copying this to techwr-l as well at the request of our
Sys Admin.

Does any one know this specific printer? I'd like to submit a file
first to see if it suits our actual needs, but that's not an option. If
you've used this printer and can tell me anything about it, I'd be
obliged.

Thanks

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com