Suggestions for list-penance are welcome!

Subject: Suggestions for list-penance are welcome!
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 May 1994 12:53:00 PDT

Re: the whole Andreas thing, I NEVER intended to start a flame-war, and I'm
sorry. I got some pretty scathing and humbling private mail from people;
consider me suitably chastened.

I've been thinking about starting and managing a FAQ for the winhlp-l list.
For those not familiar with the concept, briefly: FAQ stands for Frequently
Asked Questions; a FAQ is a regularly updated and posted list of such
questions and answers to them. FAQs exist to save the time required on the
part of more experienced [whatever]s to answer questions that get asked very
often by brand-new [whatever]s, ones that experienced [whatever]s know the
answers to, and which would chew up considerable amounts of their valuable
time to answer. If you're new to a group and post a lot of naive (to others)
questions, they'll point you to the FAQ if it exists.

Usenet newsgroups have 'em in spades; why not winhlp-l? AND, for that matter
(here's the penance part), why not techwr-l? I'm quite willing to undertake
this responsibility. The question is, does techwr-l NEED a FAQ?

Cheers
PatO'
|Patrick Brian O'Connell > Intermediate Technical Writer|
|Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com < Eicon Technology Corporation|
|Tel: (H) 514-482-9279 > (B) 514-631-9825 x250|
.------"Ciall agus neart">>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Strength and knowledge"-----.
|"At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and |
| charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained |
| the antidote." -- Emo Phillips |