"Meet me in Minneapolis, Louie"

Subject: "Meet me in Minneapolis, Louie"
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 May 1994 12:44:26 -0500

I am resending this message. Forgive me if you receive it
more than once.

----- Begin message from hsll05 29-Apr-94

To: hsll05, TECHWR-L%VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu -at- internet
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 17:52:26 -0500
From: "LaVonna Funkhouser" <hsll05>

(OK, so it doesn't quite fit the tune.)

In March, I collected ideas on where and when we techwr-l folks
can get together face-to-face in Minneapolis. I sat silent for
a while because I was waiting for my final approval to go. It
came, so I'm going. (I also happened to win the $350 registration
fee from my chapter's "Attendendance Incentive Program"! I must
be living right. :-) )

The meeting ideas that I received were much better than my idea of meeting
at the Internet session since so many good sessions are offered
simultaneously. Following are the ideas, in order of most responses
to least. If you are interested in meeting, please vote for one
and reply to me (or the list). I'll post the winner to the list.

1. Sunday evening's Welcome Reception
2. Monday breakfast
3. Wednesday breakfast
4. Gather at competition winner's reception on
Monday afternoon and then go to dinner (There is
no formal dinner that evening.)
5. Sunday afternoon
6. Tuesday evening
7. Wed. 8:30 Internet session

A few gave times they could *not* meet:
Monday evening (1); reason: company meeting
Tuesday evening (1); reason: Region 5 meeting

These are the persons who expressed an interest in gathering
in Minneapolis: Ann Amsler, Saul Carliner, Larry Kunz,
Yvonne DeGraw, Bonni Graham, Mike McGraw, Ilana Katz,
Jerold Jeansonne, Matthew Abe, Lynnette Porter, Pam Tatge, and me.

Please vote so that we can declare an official meeting place even if
you did not speak up before. Thanks.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com

----- End forwarded message