Re: Proportional Font

Subject: Re: Proportional Font
From: "Contr Karl E. Vogel" <vogelke -at- C-17IGP -dot- WPAFB -dot- AF -dot- MIL>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 1994 18:38:48 -0400

>> On Wed, 27 Apr 1994 00:57:08 GMT,
>> Rikki Nyman <nymanr -at- trg -dot- trglink -dot- com> said:

R> We are looking for a proportional font which performs like Courier
R> New, but is more aesthetically pleasing. It doesn't matter if it is
R> serif or sans serif, but it does need to be reasonably common.

When you said "aesthetically pleasing", the first thing I thought of was
the Computer Modern font invented by Donald Knuth for the TeX formatting
package. I think it's extremely readable, but I'm not sure if it's
proportional. Check your local archive sites for "tex" or "metafont".

--
Karl Vogel vogelke -at- c-17igp -dot- wpafb -dot- af -dot- mil [134.136.19.253]