Re: Non-computer Technologies

Subject: Re: Non-computer Technologies
From: "Barbara J. Philbrick" <burkbrick -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 1994 21:27:49 EDT

> I guess I wasn't clear enough in my earlier post:

> How many technical writers on this list write about technologies
> OTHER than computers and computing? Granted, we all USE
> computers in our work, but computer technology seems to
> absorb a majority of those who practice our
> craft. What about the rest? What do you write about?

> I was trying to ascertain who on this list does not write about
> computer hardware, software, microprocessers, programming,
> system administration, etc.
> In other words, if all such devices and processes disappeared
> tommorrow and we were all reduced to working with pencils and
> notepads again, who here would still have a topic to write about?

Yikes! What a scary thought. I'd have to learn to type without a backspace
key! What's a pencil, anyway?

I've only got about two projects that don't involve some type of
microprocessor (out of about 20 projects), and even those are borderline,
depending on where you draw the line with the electronics. Since a lot of
what I write about is electronic control and monitoring equipment, I'd be out
of work (well, maybe my fiction writing career would have a prayer . . .)

Barb Philbrick