Hardware writers out there?

Subject: Hardware writers out there?
From: Alan Yelvington <alany -at- TEKIG5 -dot- PEN -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 08:46:50 PDT

After lurking for quite some time, I'm starting to feel like
a minority. I'm a writer for a test and measurement company,
and I have yet to have documented a single piece of software.

I was told that I was hired because of my experience/qualifications:
10 years electronics technician
3 years in a EE program
BS in technical communication

Granted, I have quite a bit of software experience, but it's more
of a tacit thing when setting up or moving files in unix.

So, tell me, did I just get lucky to be recruited by a company
that values hardware experience?

Al Yelvington
Tech Writer II
Tektronix, Inc