Violent Terms (?)

Subject: Violent Terms (?)
From: Jack Shaw <jsh -at- SOFTWARE-AG -dot- DE>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 14:55:26 MEZ

I might just be that, when reacting to such
words as "execute" and "abort", that we have
to reconcile ourselves to the nature of our
being that causes us to conjure up the most
regrettable aspects of these words, rather
than their less emotive meanings.

Remember when "discriminate/ing" had a
positive connotation?

But then, there's always a significant part
of the American population that would contend
that, at any given time, it is a victim of
"Capitol punishment" (sic) ... guess it just
goes with the territory...

Musings to no good end,

JSH