Re: girls and computers, was: Gendered Communication

Subject: Re: girls and computers, was: Gendered Communication
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 17:27:39 -0700

Steve Owens said:
> Karen and I are discussing a valid topic in a mannerly
> fashion. The fact that we are disagreeing with each other does not
> make it a flame war[1], nor does it make it an inappropriate topic[2].

No, but it's clear we are talking at, rather than to, each other,
and so I have dropped the discussion, not seeing much point to it.

I was amazed to be threatened w/ expulsion from the list, though.
(Not by the list-owner.) I certainly have profited from the majority
of this discussion. And frankly, I have especially enjoyed hearing
other women's points of view.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com