gender, sex & Andreas Ramos

Subject: gender, sex & Andreas Ramos
From: Karen Steele <karen -at- BILBO -dot- SUITE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 1994 10:01:37 -0500

Andreas Ramos writes (in part)...

>By adopting the techie position, which seems to exclude women, in that
>women don't read computer magazines, and I'd venture to say, don't read
>manuals either...

Oh, pullleeeaaaaassssssse! Is anyone else as insulted as I am? Whatta bunch of
self-serving
chauvinistic crap!

Andreas, I don't know if you are just very gullible, very young or very (for
lack of a better word)
unenlightened, but I have a newsflash for you, kiddo: Just 'cause you read it
somewhere doesn't
necessarily make it true. Wake up and look around you.

That study you quoted? Clap-trap!

I am a woman. I read computer magazines. I read computer manuals. I write
them, too. Most
technical writers (check with STC for exact figures) ARE women. And most of us
read material that
relates to our career.

Go buy a clue. Anyone (such as yourself) who thinks tech writers are Gods
(Hermes) and users are
mere mortals, probably needs to go back to tech writing school.

It's called reality. Get in touch.