Re: On the light side

Subject: Re: On the light side
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 10:45:41 -0700

Part fiction? Perhaps you exaggerate! :)
I spent most of yesterday trying to connect a laptop to a desktop PC. The
laptop has DOS 6.0, which includes INTERLINK, which Microsoft proudly
describes as an quick and easy link to other computers.
I do everything according to the manual. But... the manual's wrong. One
crucial step (put a copy of INTERSERVER on the slave computer and start
it up) is not mentioned. So... Microsoft's own manuals are less than perfect.
Nevertheless, it doesn't work. I spent ninety minutes with techsupport,
trying to get it to work. It never worked. The guys at techsupport said
that one of them got it to work six months ago, once, but that no one
uses it. Does anyone here use Interlink? How do I get it to work?

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos, M.A. Heidelberg Sacramento, California