Hypertexts Versus Traditional Texts

Subject: Hypertexts Versus Traditional Texts
From: Brad Mehlenbacher <brad_m -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 1994 01:30:17 -0500

Billie & Saul-->

Thought I'd throw my vote for wonderful/rigorous/creative chapter of 1993
into the pot, for arguments that establish the power of electronic texts
over traditional, print media. The citation is

Landauer, T., Egan, D., Remde, J. Lesk, M., Lochbaum, C., & Ketchum, D.
(1993). Enhancing the Usability of Text Through Computer Delivery and
Formative Evaluation: the SuperBook Project. _Hypertext: A Psychological
Perspective_. C. McKnight, A. Dillon, & J. Richardson (Eds.). NY, NY:
Ellis Horwood, 71-136.

The article is based on a very sustained 10-year research program that's
come out of BellCore. Hope you find it useful! Cordially, Brad.