Re: Nancy Burn's Glossary Suggestion

Subject: Re: Nancy Burn's Glossary Suggestion
From: Mike Pope <mikep -at- ASYMETRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 12:27:00 PST

I posted the original question about whether people are indexing glossaries.
Here's part of a reply I made to Andreas Ramos (I thought I'd repeat it for
the forum at large, see what other people suggested):

We ended up taking the references to the glossary out of our last
effort on the theory that we were still and
also pointing them to where in the text we originally defined the word
or phrase; as I said in another email,
we favored giving them the definition with as much context as possible
(and since the glossary tended just
to repeat this same definition).

Lori Lathrop had a comprehensive reply (q.v.), which in essence said "it
depends". If one does index both the glossary and the original definition
(the one in the margin, for example), isn't this perhaps a redundancy?

-- Mike Pope
mikep -at- asymetrix -dot- com