Re: job titles

Subject: Re: job titles
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 11:18:29 -0800

I'm waiting to be called a "Documentations Engineer" :)
I prefer (for myself) the simple techwriter.
I don't think the title matters much, because it's one of those things
that the public never realizes; it's like, who wrote the manual for your
Honda? Totally anonymous. There are no credits at all. (No "thanks to my
mother, my cat," nothing.) And we all know that the day that the
software houses do a study and find out the truth: that NOBODY
reads the manuals, then we're all going to be history. Garbagemen
are called sanitation engineers, but they are still garbagemen.

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos, M.A. Heidelberg Sacramento, California