Does tech writing pay?

Subject: Does tech writing pay?
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 10:12:16 PST

Jim Grey's experience with radio station salaries reminds me of
the offer I got for an entry-level reporting position (my degree
is in journalism): $11,500. That would be low anywhere, but in
the Bay Area . . . that just confirmed my belief that technical
writing was probably the best way for me to write and make a living
at the same time. It also satisfies my desire to get into picky
details, which is probably difficult or impossible for reporters.

Faith Weber
EA Systems Inc.
weber -at- easi -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com