Re: Closure

Subject: Re: Closure
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 1994 13:48:30 -0500

From John Eldard:

> My dad told me when I was just a kid, "Go to your room and closure
> door!"

[...]

Interesting. My wife sometimes says to me (as my father did when I was
younger), "Don't tell me those are the closure wearing today!"

Gnarf, gnarf.

Back in the days when I was in corporate management, we used this term
quite a bit to describe ending an outstanding issue or requirement;
usually we used it to describe the outcome we wanted, such as in "Let's
see if we can bring the budget numbers to closure at the board meeting
tomorrow". All very businesslike, very "jargon-y". I was wearing ties
and three piece suits everyday, back then. Thank goodness those days are
over. I rarely use the term anymore.

Ok, sorry for the interruption. You can all start writing again. Except
for you journalists who never really stopped 8-).

|Len Olszewski, Technical Writer |"Gee, Mr. Peabody..." |
|saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com|Cary, NC, USA| -Sherman |
| Opinions this ludicrous are mine. Reasonable opinions will cost you.|