Article about ratio of writers / developers

Subject: Article about ratio of writers / developers
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 20:05:00 -0500

We are trying to locate an article in a computer-industry publication, whose
title probably has the word "World" in it, an article effectively saying
that in a properly staffed documentation department the ratio of technical
writers to developers (i.e., programmers) was 1 to 4 (!). This article
likely appeared sometime between January 1992 and March 1993, certainly no
later than the latter date, and our best suspect is InfoWorld.

All we're looking for is name of the publication and the date of the issue
in question. Other things that would help (if you haven't guessed, we're
seeking a rationale for hiring more than one or two more people this year):

- Pointers to other articles of a similar bent;
- An estimate of what the ratio is in your own organization, especially if
you work for a software industry giant (MS, Lotus, et al.).

Please send e-mail replies to the Internet address below.

Many thanks,
Pat O'Connell
Patrick Brian O'Connell |Brilliant-
Intermediate Writer, Eicon Technology Corporation |ly ornamen-
2196 32nd Ave. Lachine, Quebec, Canada, H8T 3H7 |tal sig
Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com |UNDER
Tel: (B) 514-631-9825 x250 (H) 514-482-9279 |CONSTRUC-
Fax: (B) 514-631-3092 |TION...