Unicode/ISO 10646

Subject: Unicode/ISO 10646
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 1994 08:37:57 CST

I just got a flyer about a Unicode conference coming up in Tokyo. The
flyer says, "Technical writers may also benefit," from attending. So
far, I know that Unicode is a proposed 16-bit character encoding
standard for information interchange. It would make communication/
data exchange between countries, particularly the Asian and
Pacific-Rim countries, much easier.

Since this is the first that I have heard about it, I thought I would
ask my fellow writer type folks, what do you know about Unicode or
ISO 10646?

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "Read over your compositions and, when you
meet a passage which you think is particularly fine, strike it out"
-- Samuel Johnson