Re: Magical "Appears"

Subject: Re: Magical "Appears"
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 09:12:10 -0500

Kathleen Nosbisch asks:

[...]

> How do you say where the member is located?

> Our engineers here like to say the following:

> The XXXXX member appears withing the YYYYY data set.

> I have a problem with the "appears." In my mind, the member doesn't
> "appear" there - it *IS* there.

> How do you handle this wording?

[...]

Our software runs on mainframes. We handle it by saying

"XXXXX is a member of the YYYYY PDS."

Or something like that. That help?

|Len Olszewski, Technical Writer | "Vultures don't eat sponge cake." |
|saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com|Cary, NC, USA| - Trinidad proverb |
| Opinions this ludicrous are mine. Reasonable opinions will cost you.|