Help: is there really a Jerry Zar?

Subject: Help: is there really a Jerry Zar?
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 15:23:22 MST

There's a poem called "Owed to the Spelling Checker"
that's been doing the rounds, and it's attributed to
"Jerry Zar, Dean of the Graduate School, Northwestern
Illinois University." You might recall it. It appeared
in techwr-L last month.

My STC newsletter editor asked me if it was OK to reprint
the poem, and I replied that we should get Jerry's
permission.

Now for the interesting part:

The person who posted the poem in techwr-L no longer has
Mr. Zar's e-mail address or any other info. Going through
our library, I discovered that there is no Northwestern
Illinois University.

There's Northwestern U. (Evanston), and Northeastern
Illinois U. (Chicago). But neither of them has a Zar
on record.

Does anyone know how to reach Mr. Zar, whether he
even exists, and/or whether he is really the author?

Cheers,

Ken d'Albenas
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: kendal@/dev/null

The difference between the right word and the almost-right
word is the difference between "is not important" and
"is now important." - (Mark Twain, paraphrased)