Re: Non-verbal Cues Online

Subject: Re: Non-verbal Cues Online
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <evans -at- ANSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 13:27:35 EST

Another set of noverbal cues used around the Carnegie Mellon U.
community (where I went to school) is based on the Scribe style
of text markup. Instead of just designating things like italic
text @italic(like this), we used to use it in email and such to
denote @sarcasm(), @irony(), and my personal favorite @subliminal(),
as in "When were you thinking of having this @subliminal(this month)
project done?"

The best part of this method is that it allows you to mark specific
sections of the text with whatever 'style' you want. Once you get used
to it it's @quite(natural).

+-----
| Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans |
| Technical Writer, Ansoft Corporation |
| evans -at- ansoft -dot- com Pittsburgh, PA |
-----+