Re: Indexing Tangent

Subject: Re: Indexing Tangent
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 15:05:50 EST

I tried to reply to your message, but my reply bounced back. Anyway,
thanks for the note.

I had an idea just as I was dozing off last night (sometimes it seems
that's when the muse is most active!). I'm planning to go to the ASI
annual conference in May, which will be in (you guessed it!) San Diego.
Anyway, the idea is this: perhaps we could find a way to get together and
do an Indexing Evaluation Workshop for the STC folks in the San Diego
area. They could bring in indexes that they (or their dept.) have done
and get some professional tips for improving their indexes. Since I'm a
member of STC and I'll be in the area anyway (May 12-14), I wouldn't
charge anything for the workshop. However, if you want to charge
something and contribute the proceeds to your STC chapter, that's fine
with me.

Also, I'll see if some other ASI members may have an interest in
participating (if they can fit it into their travel plans and, of course,
if they're willing to offer some free advice). That way, your STC chapter
could pick several brains at once. At this point, I think that Thursday
evening, May 12th, might be the best date for most of the ASI people ...
but I'll let you know (soon) if another date would be better. Worst case
scenario: you'll get just me.

Whether or not you're interested in the idea of doing an Indexing
Evaluation Workshop, let me know if you'd like some info on the ASI
conference. And ... no matter what happens, good luck with your job
situation!

And, for anyone else reading this -- if you're a member of ASI and you're
planning to attend the annual conference, please let me know if you'd be
interested in doing an Indexing Evaluation Workshop.

Lori Lathrop --------------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services
P.O. Box 808
Georgetown, CO 80444