Re: pubs and the STC annual conference

Subject: Re: pubs and the STC annual conference
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 09:34:09 CST

In message <9402111508 -dot- AA09210 -at- telemann -dot- inoc -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com>,
Mary Beth Raven asks:

>The STC owns the copyright to the papers published in the proceedings.
>Therefore, I do not think it would be appropriate for people like Eric
>to publish his paper on this techwr-list. However, Could/would the STC
>consider making proceedings available online? ...

STC headquarters (stc -at- tmn -dot- com) is researching the question of
putting STC proceedings and other documents on CD-ROM. Currently,
you can contact the STC BBS [(703) 522-3299 -- 8-N-1] for access to
the online indexes for the STC Journal and "maybe" the conference
proceedings. Regardless, there are instructions on how to obtain
reprints. The reprints are pricey, but, for now, the only source I
know of.

STC used to sell microfiche copies of the proceedings, but
I don't believe those are available any longer. Check with the
STC headquarters.

I hope you find this useful.

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411
STC Mail: Cbanks -at- talkdallas -dot- com