Re: E-Prime

Subject: Re: E-Prime
From: Nancy Hoft <itech -at- MV -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 20:45:39 -0500

While this isn't directly related to E-Prime, it is at least indirectly
related...

A college English professor I had came up with an interesting way of
editing documents.

We had to highlight all the verbs in our writing. We then had to read
the verbs, in sequence, out loud. The verbs, he claimed, should tell
your story; you shouldn't have to rely on all the other parts of speech
to convey your message.

-- Nancy Hoft, itech -at- mv -dot- mv -dot- com