Why we nitpick

Subject: Why we nitpick
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- CRABAPPLE -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 14:22:39 IST

Let's concentrate on the message itself and not on whether or not all the
commas are in the right place.

** In the short run, if we writers don't pay attention to 99 commas that
have little effect on the message, we'll bobble the one in a hundred
that does.

In the long run, if we ask people to ignore incorrect punctuation, we
can't expect them to take correct punctation seriously when it does
carry meaning.

Mark L. Levinson, SEE Technologies, Box 544, Herzlia, Israel
mark -at- dcl-see -dot- co -dot- il | voice +972-9-584684, ext. 230 | fax +972-9-543917