Re: While we're on the topic of words . . .

Subject: Re: While we're on the topic of words . . .
From: Peg Mauer <mauer -at- FEDS -dot- KODAK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 15:51:57 -0500

>This is an example of my favorite rule of contemporary English:

>"Any noun can be verbed."

Laura Lemay added:
"We need to come up with a pricing strategy that will incent our
customers to use our product."

I love it! I've been known to let out small shrieks myself, when
our top management says, "We've got to grow the bottom line."

And believe it or not, we strive to make our products
"internationalizationable"!!

I must be a purist, because I still have a problem with, "prioritize" -
is it just me?

While I'm at it, I must share one of my favorite redundant repetitions,
by my pastor, of course: "let's gather together..."

Tell me, Laura, does the lobotomy hurt much? I'm thinking of having
it done; I'd probably be a better writer...or at least more tolerant
of some "modern uses of the English language."

Picky Peg