Re: More on the topic of words . . .proleptic

Subject: Re: More on the topic of words . . .proleptic
From: Fred M Jacobson <fred -at- BOOLE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 14:47:14 PST

Doug Montalbano write re "proactive":

> There already is a word for this, albeit a somewhat unused (I'd hate to say
> obscure) one: proleptic

Doug-

You were a debater in school, right? Prolepsis is "the anticipation
or answering of an objection or argument before one's opponent has put
it forward," according to my handy dictionary.

-Fred
--
INTERNET: fred -at- boole -dot- com PHONE: (408) 526-3292 FAX: (408) 526-3055
USPS: Fred Jacobson / Boole & Babbage / 3131 Zanker Road / San Jose CA 95134