Judging manuals (by themselves)

Subject: Judging manuals (by themselves)
From: Fred M Jacobson <fred -at- BOOLE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 08:17:34 PST

Greetings-

We have discussed our struggles with the idea that the documents
are something we add on when the product is finished. Nevertheless,
our professional associations hold competitions that judge manuals
independent of the products. Could we unknowingly be encouraging the
concept of the manual _for_ the product (instead of the manual _of_
the product)?

-Fred
--
INTERNET: fred -at- boole -dot- com PHONE: (408) 526-3292 FAX: (408) 526-3055
USPS: Fred Jacobson / Boole & Babbage / 3131 Zanker Road / San Jose CA 95134